Indians Golf Heading to State

The+qualifying+members+of+the+Montrose+Indians+golf+team.+

The qualifying members of the Montrose Indians golf team.

Charles Hunt, Writer

The Montrose Indians golf team has qualified for State at the Country Club of Colorado in Colorado Springs on Oct. 5th and 6th and is looking to defend the 4A title and win for the 4th time in a row. The team consists of the top 4 players on the team, Rocco Manuel, Noah Richmond, Jake Legg, and Jordan Jennings. The team has taken this last week of practice ahead of the tournament and to focus and work on being as prepared as possible.
    “I’m really excited for this year’s state tournament. I feel like yet again we have a chance at winning state as a team, and I feel like I have a big chance of winning individually as well,” senior Jordan Jennings said.
   As a freshman, Noah Richmond qualified for State and is looking forward to the increased competition that State provides.
    “I’m really excited to have qualified for the State Tournament, after finishing third in Regionals. I’m excited and ready to see how well I can do at state this year,” Richmond said.
Head Coach, Steve Skiff, is back as Head Coach of the Montrose Indians Golf team for the first time in almost 10 years, and is ready to lead the defending champs to another State win.
“This team this year has so much talent and I really feel like we have a good chance of winning the state tournament, this last week we have been practicing hard and I’m excited to see what we can do,” Skiff said.